Monday, 25th May 2020
Another bank holiday in the sun!
In a move, clearly designed to distract from the Cummings-affair, it has been announced that shops are to begin to reopen. In truth, I’m sure that announcement has been well and truly lost amongst all the news that the Prime Minister’s chief adviser clearly flaunted the rules but, nonetheless, we are to get shopping again.
Not immediately, of course, but a slow, phased reintroduction. So, here’s my post-lockdown shopping list:
- Books from the local indie bookshops
- Sweets, especially my salted liquorice (see day 10!), from the small sweet shop
- New stationery (I don’t need anything, I just really want a new notebook and pen!)
- Proper cakes and bread from the bakery
- Farmers market produce like those special artisan gins that I’m very fond of
- I want to trawl the charity shops for CDs and DVDs and those knick-knacks you don’t know you need until you see it!
- And I must, must take my, now well overdue, library books back