Just Write Right
Professional, supportive and affordable editing and proofreading services for self-publishing and independent authors.
Specialist LGBTQ+ editor. Because our stories matter.
What I do
From big picture developmental work, to fine detail, I offer a range of services to support your writing projects.
Not sure on your story’s plot points or organisation? A developmental edit can help structure your book, develop your characterisation and take your writing to the next level.
Copyediting is not just a detailed, line by line assessment to check for spelling, punctuation and grammar gremlins. It’s also a check for consistency, conciseness and readability. I’ll also pick up other potential issues with your manuscript.
Whether its for ebooks, printed books or magazine layouts, I can help you to prepare your manuscript for publishing.
Finally, I can proofread before you publish, making sure that text is formatted correctly, is error-free and ready for your readers. I’ll check that all the editorial decisions are correct and that your work is ready for reading.
Join my monthly newsletter:
Why edit? Why proofread?
Whoever your readers are, show them that you care.
- A fresh pair of eyes. Sometimes, we’re just too close to our own words that we don’t notice our own mistakes.
- Pick up on fine details. You are the expert writer. Now allow an expert editor to go through your manuscript with an experienced pair of eyes.
- Everyone shouts when they spot a typo! Nobody notices when your text is error free but they are always too keen to shout – and leave bad reviews – when they do spot one.
- Learn for next time. I’ll give you detailed feedback which can help you to improve your writing for your next project.
Who I work with
My specialism is working with writers of LGBTQ+ texts, both fiction and non-fiction, meaning I work across a variety of genres and topics, including:
- Fantasy, sci-fi and spec fic
- Thrillers and spy novels
- Romance and erotica
- Literary fiction
- YA and NA novels
- Screenplays and associated materials
- Short stories and novellas
I have also worked with non-fiction texts, including:
- Memoir and autobiography
- Self-help books
- Aviation history
Why choose me to carefully and attentively tend to your text?
I know and understand how hard it can be to give your text to an editor. I edit sensitively and carefully with you and your readers in mind.
- I am trained and experienced and undertake regular professional development to ensure that my skills are honed and up-to-date with current publishing practices.
- I am an Intermediate member of the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading, meaning I have a body of editors to support me and I abide by the Institute’s Code of Practice.
Try for free!
Still not sure? Want to know how editing can help you?
Download a guide to all my services.