Just Write Right
Professional, supportive and affordable editing and proofreading services for self-publishing and independent authors.
What I do
From big picture developmental work, to fine detail, I offer a range of services to support your writing projects.
Not sure on your story’s plot points or organisation? A developmental edit can help structure your book, develop your characterisation and take your writing to the next level.
Copyediting is not just a detailed, line by line assessment to check for spelling, punctuation and grammar gremlins. It’s also a check for consistency, conciseness and readability. I’ll also pick up other potential issues with your manuscript.
Whether its for ebooks, printed books or magazine layouts, I can help you to prepare your manuscript for publishing.
Finally, I can proofread before you publish, making sure that text is formatted correctly, is error-free and ready for your readers. I’ll check that all the editorial decisions are correct and that your work is ready for reading.
Join my monthly newsletter:
Why edit? Why proofread?
Whoever your readers are, show them that you care.
- A fresh pair of eyes. Sometimes, we’re just too close to our own words that we don’t notice our own mistakes.
- Pick up on fine details. You are the expert writer. Now allow an expert editor to go through your manuscript with an experienced pair of eyes.
- Everyone shouts when they spot a typo! Nobody notices when your text is error free but they are always too keen to shout – and leave bad reviews – when they do spot one.
- Learn for next time. I’ll give you detailed feedback which can help you to improve your writing for your next project.
Who I work with
My specialism is working with writers of LGBTQ+ texts, both fiction and non-fiction, meaning I work across a variety of genres and topics, including:
- Fantasy, sci-fi and spec fic
- Thrillers and spy novels
- Literary fiction
- YA and NA novels
- Screenplays and associated materials
- Short stories and novellas
I have also worked with non-fiction texts, including:
- Memoir and autobiography
- Self-help books
- Aviation history
Why choose me to carefully and attentively tend to your text?
I know and understand how hard it can be to give your text to an editor. I edit sensitively and carefully with you and your readers in mind.
- I am trained and experienced and undertake regular professional development to ensure that my skills are honed and up-to-date with current publishing practices.
- I am an Entry-Level member of the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading, meaning I have a body of editors to support me and I abide by the Institute’s Code of Practice.
Try for free!
Still not sure? Want to know how editing can help you?
Not sure what you need? Want to ask questions about editing or proofreading? Book a free video consultation.